HOMEABOUTNEWMOMDESIGNSCONTACTINSTAGRAMFACEBOOKPINTEREST

7.28.2011

How to sew a simple pillow cover tutorial

Sewing a pillow case is not as hard as it can seem to be. Today I will share a quick tutorial for those who have very minimum sewing skills. Basically if you can sew a straight line - you can make this! Replacing pillow covers in a room can make all the difference! So as a part of my Reclaim Series I have dedicated today to creating new pillow covers for my sectional in the living room.


My pillows are 20"x20",  so my front panel is the same size. You have to adjust the rectangles dimensions as per your own pillow size. ( Just replace 20 with your own number)




Then I finished just one 20" side for each of my flaps. ( 2 flaps = 2 straight lines total)



Then comes the assembly: Put your front panel ( 20x20) right side up.
On top put the larger flap, right side down, line up 3 RAW edges.
On top put smaller flap, right side down, line up 3 RAW edges.
Your finished edges of the flap will overlap each other.
Pin all around and sew.



That's it! Took me a little over hour to finish 2 pillows covers!


Fabric are from Fabric.com
Vintage Blossom Citrine by Dwell Studio & P.Kaufmann Theo Marble
(Instructions via TheCreativeMaven )

3 comments:

  1. That fabric is amazing!! love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love the whole collection by Dwell Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only aspire to mention ones content can be as incredible. This clarity with your post is superb and that i may think you’re a guru for this issue. High-quality along with your concur permit me to to seize your current give to keep modified by using approaching blog post. Thanks a lot hundreds of along with you should go on the pleasurable get the job done.
    Home Decor

    ReplyDelete